Want to start an exercise program? Visit Rehab Professionals of Cleveland to safely get started.
Most Americans do not move enough. The good news is that regular physical activity is one of the easiest ways to reduce your risk of chronic disease and to improve your quality of life.
Make physical activity a priority to:
- Improve your memory and brain function
- Protect against many chronic diseases.
- Aid in weight management.
- Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Improve your quality of sleep.
- Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Combat cancer-related fatigue.
- Improve joint pain and stiffness.
- Maintain muscle strength and balance.
- Increase life span.
Physical therapists are movement experts who improve quality of life through hands-on care, patient education, and prescribed movement. PTs treat people of all ages and abilities and empower you to take an active part in your care.
Annual Physical Therapy Visit
An Annual visit for a Physical Therapy Screen is just as important as your annual cholesterol tests.
Physical therapists perform movement screens for a variety of reasons, including:
- To identify areas of strength and weakness
- To uncover issues or rule them out
- To determine readiness to begin a safe exercise program
- To improve sport performance for novice and elite athletes
It is best to schedule your checkup BEFORE you are experiencing a problem.