Temporo Mandibular Dysfunction (TMJ)
Jaw pain, difficulty chewing, jaw locking, headaches and facial pain are all conditions, which can be reduced or eliminated with physical therapy.
We perform a comprehensive assessment of posture, upper quadrant muscle strength and flexibility, TMJ mobility and musculature, and daily habits to establish a personalized program to restore normal sleep, eating and other daily activities.
Treatment may include:
- Ultrasound or electrical stimulation to reduce pain and improve joint mobility and muscle function
- Manual therapy and stretching to restore normal joint mobility and comfort.
- Trunk, upper extremity and facial/oral strengthening and stretching exercises to regain full motion and TMJ function.
- Home exercises and postural training to improve spinal and TMJ alignment limiting abnormal motion and wear and tear.
- No referral is required, but we do accept referrals from many dentists, oral surgeons and neurologists.
Available at all locations