Using our Swimex Aquatic Therapy pool, our therapists can accelerate patients’ rehabilitation to speed their recovery, or make early interventions more tolerable.
Our pool facility provides a private environment where you can start active exercise earlier than you could on land.
Water’s many properties help patients in many ways including:
- Buoyancy: reduces loading on recently injured or repaired joints and muscles allowing early motion with reduced stress.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: helps reduce swelling and edema to improve ease of motion and comfort.
- Fluid Resistance: provides resistance proportionate to the effort made against the water. This allows patients to generate as little or as much resistance as they like, keeping the exercise safe for acute injuries, but allowing a very intense exercise if desired. The faster a person moves in the water, the greater the resistance.
- Temperature: Water temperature can help improve blood flow at higher temperatures, and can limit inflammation and keep muscles from overheating at lower temperatures. The full contact of the water helps draw excess heat away from exhausted muscles to help them recover faster.
Aquatic Therapy is great for accelerating recovery from:
- Lower Extremity Fractures
- Back Pain, Lumbar Radiculopathy and Spinal Stenosis
- Auto Accidents
- Lumbar and Lower Extremity Surgeries
- Arthritis or Degenerative Joint Disease
- Joint Replacement Surgery